Friday, September 7, 2007

Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner


Book: Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
Pages: 569
My Rating: A
Year of Pulitzer: 1972
I've had this book on my shelf for quite awhile now and it feels good to have finally read it! I must say, I really enjoyed it a lot! This story about a handicapped man writing his grandmother's history kept me totally interested all the way through. It's mostly about the grandma and her life in the late 1800's trying to make it in the wild west with a man who has big dreams that never seem to quite get fulfilled. I thought her husband was great! But he did drive her crazy and in the end some not-too-good things happened.


Then, the story would flip to the current time (1970) and we'd learn more about the guy writing about his grandma and the struggles and problems he is facing.

I've read one other Wallace Stegner (Crossing to Safety) and totally enjoyed that too. I'll have to continue to add his books to my list!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi, Suey - this looks like a promising reads! Can't wait to get to it! =) Jill