Friday, August 17, 2007

Nymeth's Books Read

Hello everyone! First of all I wanted to say that I think this is a great idea, and I want to thank 3M for this blog. I look forward to reading these books along with you.

I've already read the following 7 books:
  • 2003 - Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides. I read this in 2003, and it became my all-time favourite book.
  • 2001 - The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon Reviewed here.
  • 1999 - The Hours by Michael Cunningham Read in 2002.
  • 1988 - Beloved by Toni Morrisson Reviewed here.
  • 1983 - The Color Purple by Alice Walker Reviewed here.
  • 1981 - A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole Read in 2003. This remarkable, hilarious and bittersweet novel is another one of my favourites.
  • 1961 - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee Reviewed here.
I might not be able to make much progress in the Pulitzer Project in the next few months because I have a few challenges to finish until the end of the year, but these are the next Pulitzers I plan on reading:
  • 2007 - The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  • 2004 - The Known World by Edward P. Jones
  • 1979 - The Stories of John Cheever
  • 1966 - Collected Stories by Katherine Anne Porter

No comments: