Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sherry's Books Read

2005 - Gilead (Robinson) Semicolon review here.
1986 - Lonesome Dove (McMurtry) Well, sort of, at least I tried. Unappreciative Semicolon review of the part I finished.
1975 - The Killer Angels (Shaara) One of my Best Books Ever.
1967 - The Fixer (Malamud) I read this one a long time ago when my mom was taking a course in Jewish American literature.
1961 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Lee) One of my Best Books Ever.
1953 - The Old Man and the Sea (Hemingway)
1952 - The Caine Mutiny (Wouk)
1947 - All the King’s Men (Warren) Semicolon review here.
1937 - Gone with the Wind (Mitchell)
1928 - The Bridge of San Luis Rey (Wilder) This book made quite an impression when I read it about 30 years ago. I'm looking forward to re-reading it this fall.
1925 - So Big (Ferber)
1921 - The Age of Innocence (Wharton) One of my Best Books Ever.
1919 - The Magnificent Ambersons (Tarkington) Semicolon review here.

As for plans, I'm reading A Confederacy of Dunces (1981) right now, and I'd like to read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay (2001) because my son likes it and I want to know why. I'll choose more if and when I finish those two. Since my daughter and, by extension, I are studying twentieth century history this school year, I might like to start at the bottom of the list and work up, reading along with the history wer're doing. I've never heard of His Family by Poole, the first book on the list.

No comments: